My poor little manikin, Maggie, needed a neck. Somewhere over the years, hers went missing! the only thing she had left was a small metal rod.

So this weekend, I decided to make her a neck and then use a vintage lampshade as her head. I took a cardboard paper towel roll and covered it with lace. Then i glued a dead light bulb into the lampshade (inside, where the prongs are) so that it would sit straight. Then i packed the inside of the paper towel roll with foil and added a little bit apoxy to the metal rod on Maggie and then pushed the "neck" on top of it and left it to dry.

and voila! Maggie has a neck.